Tooth loss is extremely common. It can happen through disease, trauma or an unfortunate accident. Dental implants have become a common solution for missing teeth. Dr Shirin Parsno is a dental implant specialist offering patients a quick and easy implant procedure. She’s worked through the most complex implant procedures and offers new patients a very competitive price – with procedures starting from £1200 with a lifetime warrantee. Here are some of the answers to the questions you may have regarding an implant:
What are the Benefits of a Dental implant?
- Next best thing to healthy, natural teeth. – A dental implant is the next best thing to natural teeth. It restores a lost tooth so that it looks and feels like a natural tooth.
- Help to prevent bone recession – Leaving empty space in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to the deterioration of some of your jawbone. Dental implants are the only dental option that stimulates natural bone growth and prevents bone loss.
- Restores our natural smile –Unfortunately, a face without teeth can appear saggy, change its shape and result an unnatural look. Dental implants help restore the natural shape of your face and smile. Dental implants improve your speech, overall self-image and increase your ability to eat an array of foods.
- A long lasting solution – in comparison to traditional tooth supported by dental bridges, which often last five to ten years before having to be replaced, dental implants (if looked after properly) can last an entire lifetime.
Is fitting a Dental Implant comfortable?
Dr Parsno has developed knowledge and experience that allows her to make the process as quick and comfortable as possible. Her patients often praise her for her attention to detail and attentiveness as well as her ability to make the procedure as quick and comfortable as possible, whilst also maintaining exquisite precision. Her patients feel very little discomfort. The initial part of fitting an implant requires surgery to insert the root. This is usually performed with a local anesthetic but you may also have sedation if preferred. It is not uncommon to feel some soreness or swelling following the procedure. For most people this is very minor and can be controlled by taking over-the counter analgesics.
How much does it cost?
Typically, the cost of a dental implant starts from £1500. To see if you are suitable for dental implant phone the reception on 020 8365 2365 to book an appointment.
Dr Parsno’s Dental Implant procedure
- Diagnosis and treatment planning – an initial assessment, this usually includes x-rays, OPG or CT Scan. Sometimes you may need a bone graft or a procedure called a sinus-lift if the implant needs additional support.
- Implant placement – followed by six weeks to six months of healing. Often the implants are hidden below the gum and do not detract from the aesthetics. The implants can be restored with temporary crowns during this phase to improve the appearance.
- Several visits may be needed for adjustments and fine tuning.
- Taking an impression of the new root and its relationship to other teeth in mouth.
- The implants can then be finished after healing is complete – with the permanent teeth being placed.
- Regular exams and hygiene appointments will ensure long term success.
- Implants can last a lifetime with proper home care and routine dental inspections. Unlike dentures, implants are permanently fixed and cannot be removed once placed. (Unless intended by the dentist)